Friday Evening: somewhere around 6 p.m.
I’m lying here in front of my computer experiencing a minor stream of conciousness. My thoughts are running like so:
- If I don’t get to writing I AM going to fall asleep here.
- Should I write this? I don’t know. I’m not much for full disclosure.
- I hope Douglas sleeps tonight. Please God, let him sleep. I need sleep.
- Man, Doug is bald. Mr. Bald E. Butt.
- Just because I write something doesn’t mean I have to hit publish.
This afternoon I cancelled a standing appointment that I keep every friday. I didn’t think I had the energy or the muscular strength to climb the stairs to the second floor. Sometime back toward Thanksgiving I started falling. Quite suddenly my legs became weak and I was losing my balance on a fairly regular basis.
Saturday Morning: 8:49 a.m.
- I fell asleep.
- Doug slept like a little lamb
- Doug looks like a little lamb after his haircut yesterday.
- I decided to try and go back to work today. So I will finish whatever I started up there later.
- Right now I have ten things to put down for all to see and review!
TToT TIME!: 8:53 a.m.
- Doug got a haircut and bath and no longer makes me gag when I smell him coming my way.
- Douglas. Just Douglas. He is helping me keep my sanity through this time of immobility which is not in my nature to tolerate with any sense of grace.
- I am eternally grateful for a job in which I sit on my butt for the majority of the day so that when I do get up it is usually in a carpeted office space and falling is at a minimum.
- That at least one of my doctors has a brain in his head. NUFF SAID.
- That my insurance company, while problematic, is cooperating this month. NUFF SAID.
- For the love of IRL friends ( as Lizzi would call them) who check in and make me get out when I would prefer to hibernate and lick my wounds.
- For the sensibility of acceptance. Don’t have to like it, may have to accept it.
- For as much as I self depricate, I truly think I tolerate the bullshit pretty well and for that I am thankful. I have been truly blessed with a decent b.s. meter and the ability to put things in their place.
- That I still view many as less fortunate than myself and haven’t converted over to complete whiny-assed idiot yet.
- That I have been able to write a bit more honestly in this new site and feel a bit freer to do so. (If You’re Reading This My Mother Must Be Dead)
HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND.