To make all your pop-ups symmetrical, you should begin with an evenly folded sheet of paper.
- For this card fold a sheet of paper lengthwise.
- Turn the card horizontal and for each pop-up, make two short cuts into the paper’s edge
- Fold each flap back and forth between the cuts
- Return the flaps to the flat position
- Open the card and push the center of each flap forward
- When you close the card the flap will lie flat
- You will notice pop-ups in stores have a patch on the outside or a second outside layer to cover the gaps of the cuts … so feel free to glue a second piece of paper over the outside of your card.
- If you want to decorate your card cut out a few pictures or photos you would like to use.
- Glue each picture to the bottom half of the box that formed when the card is open. Don’t glue it flush to the bottom of the card or it will have a hard time closing.
- Embellish the rest of the card as you’d like.