Yesterday was a little heavy. Sorry I just didn’t have time to put together a new post.
… so today let’s just talk…
COOKIES! OOEY, GOOEY,
Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars
1 cup flour
1 cup oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup of your favorite jam
- Preheat the oven to 350
- combine the dry ingredients
- cut in the butter – it will be a crumbly mix
- press 3/4 of the mix into the bottom of a greased 8×8 pan
- spread the jam to within a quarter-inch of the edge
- sprinkle the rest of the crumbly mix on top of jam and gently press it down
- Bake 35-40 min or until the top is brown
- cool and slice
- Bring to your mechanic as a bribe* (Oh wait, did I say that out loud?)
*update: it totally worked!
AND NOW FOR THE TToT!
- *The bribe totally worked!
- Helped to motivate a good friend who is feeling a bit of the writer’s block…now if I could do that for myself…
- Doug is very well-behaved despite his obvious interest and jealousy of baby chickens
- The layer of ice laid down by freezing rain earlier this week is gone even if it is still too cold
- At least I don’t live where Dyanne lives…which I’m sure is very lovely when the wind dies down.
- When I’m sick and stranded by fatigue there is always Modern Family and Sponge Bob
- (and despite the feelings of a few purists) Kindle books
- What’s App with Lizzi and “the voice” ( no not the show…never seen it.)
- Douglas… Douglas… Douglas…
- That one of the new girls that got attacked by the older girls is recovering from having a ginormous hole pecked into her head… chickens are ferocious brutes!
- *******addendum!***** I totally forgot to mention last week that I got a hand-knit neck warmer from Stephanie in my favorite colors… apple green and skippy color! I sadly got to wear it yesterday in the freezing rain of spring in Massachusetts. THANKS STEPHANIE!