1. Six Sentence Stories is consistent and that’s the best I can hope for… there is a new cue up…here.
2. I know you didn’t miss them …but I did, and as soon as we all realize this is about me we will all be happier. There is a new contest page up on the header up there! You have a little more than three weeks if you’re interested.
3. I tend to be a big fan of cognitive behavioral therapy and last week in the NY Times there was an article touting the benefits of my favorite practice. I don’t practice to the exclusion of all else, but I do think it can be rather effective. Anyhow… they had this cool site on there that I went to and tried it out and found it was…well… pretty cool. It’s helpful for anxiety and depression and studies have proved that statement. https://moodgym.anu.edu.au/
4. I’m grateful to have solid relationships that if someone metaphorically stomps on the others toes, we can be honest about it and the relationship can survive it. Everyone makes mistakes. I’m glad I’m cool with that and my friends are too.
5. I got a very cool package in the mail today… complete with Doug toy … You can blame Val for the contest… she sent that cool pen and journal for writing limericks and well, one maniacal thought led to another…. THANKS!( I love the bracelet! )
6. I’m starting to connect with how much having a spiritual life keeps me calm. I kind of fell into a cesspool of grief this week and lost site of that piece of my life… Calm is not what has ensued. I feel pretty disregulated. Hopefully this too shall pass, and I will find my horse and climb back on.
7. I don’t know if you recall I was putting up a vision board to help me maintain some focus? It seems the car thing is working in that I changed the oil and topped off fluids in an effort to keep my old gal running a bit longer. I used to do that sort of thing a lot but, haven’t done that myself in a while. I wanted to save a few bucks so I did it and it was fun.
8. I’m also investigating some time away toward the end of the year. I am going to have to work a bit more I think, but it should be temporary. To be continued…
10. Friends are heading out today to Sweden, Norway and Iceland. I’m going to miss them because we hang out every week. I pray they have a safe trip. I read this week that Iceland is supposed to be the most peaceful place on earth… let’s hope that’s the truth.