This regrouping thing is tougher than it looks, but then I knew it would be. My goal this evening is to make a list of a few categories. I am normally a very proactive individual, but it seems to be eluding me… hopefully a list will help me organize and motivate me to move on.
1.I am grateful for the help to reach the realization that this is a big piece of what I need to do right now.
2.Also grateful for figuring out a few creative solutions.
3. Grateful for taking the first step today… it was a biggie. I have been thinking about it for months and finally decided it was time.
4. That I can feel secure about taking significant steps, because I have spent enough ( maybe too much) time making sure they are do-able.
5. I haven’t run my specific plans past anyone yet, but I have asked for help. I am often accused of not asking. I’m glad I can do that more than I ever have. I have really sucked at that in the past . I’m still not great at it…not even good at it.
6. It’s not because I don’t know that I can depend on support from those I trust. I can. In a big way and for that too I am grateful.
7. Knowing all too intimately that the things in life that really matter are fleeting has led me to learn acceptance and patience. That although there are not answers for everything in this lifetime that I can accept that I don’t need them. I want them, yes. But need, no.
8.That I don’t have to think everything is of the caliber as the issues inferred in #7. For instance my phone is possessed… it needs a priest. It’s not gonna change the course of my life, so I’m not gonna get too uptight about it. There was a time when my phone was causing me grief, but that was because someone was ripping me off… now it just needs a full-on exorcism…not the same caliber problem, and nothing I need to blow an aneurysm about.
9. Although there are times in all our lives, mine no different when I can feel really alone. I am surrounded by really good people…
fyi the cue for Six Sentence Stories is up!