I used to wake up at 5:30 every day to go out for the A.M. Doug walk and open up the girls coop but lately Doug has taken to waking very early and multiple times a night. SO we were up for the day at 4:00 today. I don’t really mind most days. I didn’t mind today … I am not looking forward to today … I’m not a social event kind of gal and I have to go help my sister set up a baby shower ( that part I don’t mind at all) for my niece. I really like all the women in my family so it should be fine… just not an event girl… I will hide behind a camera ( in typical clark fashion) and try to get out early seeing as I am there three hours early for set up. All that said, I am whipping off a quick TToT in hopes it recenters me a bit and I can shake off the anxiety.
Thankfuls in that first paragraph:
- I don’t mind getting up early with Dr. Demento and Dr. Demento is still around and doing quite well I might add.
- I get to hang with some of my favorite people today.
- My sister asked for my help and I can give it to her.
- Somebody has to take photos, it might as well be me!
- the recentering of a quick TToT
- I will have some time this afternoon to finish paperwork before work tomorrow… I don’t want to start the week behind the 8 ball.
- Have I mentioned Doug? See yesterday’s post… but he is recovering still. He is quite a bit more confused and I think the stroke effected his hearing and sight a bit more than his other physical abilities. BUT he is happy and content I think . He is carrying on much as always and seems to be enjoying ripping up the newspaper and eating etc. He really is not wanting to walk much, but that’s okay as he didn’t before the stroke.
- My niece is having her first baby at 39. SO far so good.
- My mother is recovering as well. She is not in nearly as much pain and is looking forward to going to the shower today.
- Have I mentioned Doug?
OH the cue is up for Six Sentence Stories!
AND REMEMBER THE CONTEST ENDS ON THE 20th! ***Currently, there are only seven entries so you have a good chance!