It’s 2:45 A.M. and I am trying not to wake the demented poodle as then I will have to take him out…(who’s demented?) Having exhausted my reserves, I fell asleep a bit too early and now am awake, still tired, but awake. So after floundering around like a northern pike out of water for the past hour or so, I decided I could best use my time here. Mindless enough without being a total droolfest.
So on with the TToT for today:
- The guy with “favorite boy status” (well human boy anyway) is coming today with his lovely wife for our mutual birthday celebrations. They will stay a few days and in the end he will have the taxidermied rooster he requested for his birthday… ick…
- I am still working on the “Great Unsticking of 2015.” So far… Step one which I didn’t actually reveal, is almost worked through to its completion. Give it another couple of weeks.
- Step two which was re-opening my private practice is nearing completion this week with my billing person who is finalizing the credentialing of insurances etc. I have an office space that will be available in September.
- Step three was to clean/purge my living space of too much clutter, some memories went along the way but truly those are here for good. I don’t need to hang on to stupid stuff just to keep what’s important to me.
- Step four was to get some affordable , viable time off. I am heading to the beach some time this week… My “housies” are watching Doug as he can no longer travel long distances without undo anxiety interfering. I will miss him at the doggie beach. Operation “Meet the Brit and Others” is also underway for September.
- A step I hadn’t really acknowledged was to set some much needed boundaries. It happened in a fashion I would rather have gone at differently, but it all worked out and the operative phrase in the whole thing is “much needed…”
- So that puts us up to six… Step six is to address some of the ongoing health issues that are rearing their ugly little heads again…doing all we can…(the proverbial medical “we.”)
- Step seven is highly personal, having to do with spirituality etc. I have had some crisis of faith in the past few years, and am suffering some sort of existential something or other… I’m working on it.
- Step eight is that effing book… I don’t know … I’m working on it too.
In the mean time… all of these things are happening simultaneously as life is apt to do. I am maintaining the house purge and not accumulating more stuff. My feet which were injured quite badly a few weeks back are healing some… Walking is still difficult due to this and balance issues, but some days are good at least for a period of time. All of these things are mentioned elsewhere in the blog and I may link them when not so tired, but for now thanks for humoring me.