In honor of Douglas’ 112th birthday (in human years) today…
The SIX SENTENCE CUE OF THE WEEK IS AGED!
…and a little poem I wrote for him some time ago…in six sentences
It’s the middle of the night.
I feel the pressure of his weight on my chest,
the heat of his breath on my face-
he’s staring again.
Could it be he’s actually forgotten me?
My little old man is sundowning.
He gently touches my face.
Silently he beckons me to wake, and tell him who I am.
- COME BACK THURSDAY TO LINK UP!
- WITH A STORY ANY GENRE, A POEM, A BULLETIN, AN ANNOUNCEMENT…
- JUST COME BACK
- COME BACK WITH NO MORE (OR LESS) THAN SIX SENTENCES!
- OH, AND USE THE WORD aged…SOME HOW…
- OR IF YOU’D RATHER, USE THE WORD aged.