- Doug…always Doug
- vid chats … I got to ask some questions and hopefully help a bit with others… and Clark lets me rag on him… It’s a truly liberating experience, you can sit around in your underwear and nobody is the wiser ( unless you out yourself of course)…Sometimes new folks or a wild beast (like a tigger perhaps) will show up too…and even if someone is sneezing or coughy, you aren’t gonna catch it… you should really come to the next one…
- The internet. My nephew is currently stationed in Bahrain and was able to call my mother for what would have been her 69th wedding anniversary and spend an hour talking with her. He made her very happy. He is also able to call his little boys for what is 5:30 am his time and 6:30 pm their time and read them a story before bed. Pretty amazing really.
- During the vid chat I was trying to finish up a few advent calendars. I am running a bit later than usual this year but they finally got done. I told J. I would post photos of a few so here they are… The tree lights up, has 24 slots with scripture and a more secular message as well… the other two are just in envelope form with a message or scripture depending upon the affiliation of the receiver and a small token of something (usually silly or useless…) I guess I didn’t realize that some people wouldn’t know what an advent calendar is about, for each day leading up to Christmas in December there is a message or small token to mark the day. My friends are religiously inclined and therefore I included the Scriptural content. It did begin as a religious habit but seems to have changed over the years.
- My mother is going on her annual retreat with her friends next week and wanted to return to her Christmas tree so I put it up for her. The Christmas Death Letter was not there and for that I am grateful.
- I have Saturday off and I am planning on going to the library… sounds kinda crazy to be so excited about it but I am.
- My niece and her family took a trip for Thanksgiving and I am grateful they are home safely. I am also so grateful that they are such wonderful parents. I just adore them.
- When you travel in cancer circles… treatment and otherwise… you know a lot of dead or dying people…you know a lot of others too but … a good friend died on Thursday morning… I am grateful she isn’t suffering any longer… not so much with the physical as much as the anxiety and anguish of leaving her family and worry about what was next… I’m sure she is at peace…which she deserves.
- Have you heard about the SBOR/BOSR? I’m grateful for it cuz it allows me to make up some foolish statement and call it a law of writing the TToT for the meager price of one small dance…
- 1.3 baby, 1.3…let the dancing commence…
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine