WELCOME TO THE TTOT!
I have much to be thankful for …
- Doug is well again… really well…. still doin’ his Batman leaving through the bookcase thing, but back to his old self after a bout of not being his old self. WOOHOO!
*If you run your cursor over the pics a short description of each pops up. Kinda cool WordPress feature!
2. Yesterday was my first day without a headache… no more meningitis… and apparently no one bugged me bad enough to get a headache… I don’t care I’m counting that as two things.
3. See number 2.
The first Heart and Mind Monday went off without a hitch at Carrot. Thanks to all who participated and those who just came for a visit… It’s obviously still there if you want to see/read some great creative stuff…(the link is open until tomorrow) I put in some extra description under the captions so they may now actually give you a bit more info regardless of vision. We are gonna do this on the last Monday of each month so as not to overload anyone (and give anyone who wants to participate time between hops).
5. My Mom turned late 80’s yesterday. I am grateful she is still around. As much as I tease her, she is going to be missed the day God decides He can handle her. I suspect that might not be for some time as God aint no fool.
6. I don’t get to see my brother John and his family a whole lot and they are coming for the birthday party today.
7. So is my neph and his new bride … remember, I managed to miss the wedding due to a good case of shingles?
8. OH YEAH! Apparently if your shingles get bad enough they can make you susceptible to viral meningitis … but they may also go away when the brain swelling dies down… YEEHAA… first week no shingles in about six weeks.
9. So if there is something I am usually confident about it’s my ability to make a cake… I have made weird ones, fancy-dancy ones…
all kinds… BUT y’know when I have to do a simple no frills one for my Mom’s birthday… it flops… The chickens are gonna be grateful this morning for a carrot cake that didn’t rise and I am grateful for grocery stores that carry cheesecake another of Mom’s favs.
10. So I am grateful that I have the coming week off for medical stuff… just the usuals of transfusions but it wasn’t worth rearranging my weekly schedule as much as I would have to in order to get it all done… and also if you’re gonna take the week off it might as well be the week you broke your kneecap and had to go get fitted for a brace so you can ditch the crutches. All kinds of sneaky hypograts in that one… passive-aggressive? WHO ME?
11. BONUS! I am grateful for that little arrow on the top of the screen that is curving to the left so that when you accidentally hit the “Ctrl” button instead of the “shift” button and lose your whole post… you don’t have to panic!
****WARNING TO CLARK… DO NOT PROCEED FURTHER… CUE OF THE WEEK IS JUST BEYOND THIS LINE!***
BY THE WAY, THE SIX SENTENCE CUE OF THE WEEK IS: second
- six sentences using the cue in some way.
- any genre
- no more no less on the six sentences
- link up on Thursdays right here!
ok I’m off to buy cheesecake! Have a great day!