I haven’t been in the blogosphere in some time. I have all kinds of excuses real and imagined:
- My computer keyboard was shot and I couldn’t afford a new computer or justify repairing the old one for a comparable price (real with a hint of imagination) Yes, I do have a tablet and several other ways to get to my blog. Why do you ask?
- I was so busy with what I often refer to as my life (imagined) I mean yes, I have a life… but is it that busy? No, no it is not.
- I was moving. (real and imagined) I did buy a new house and moved. Those of you who have been to my blog in the past know how I felt about my former home, so leaving it was not easy. Honestly though, I didn’t have to sort through and decide which of thousands of taxidermied animals, and millions of logoed t-shirts and mugs I would keep or let go of, so it wasn’t like I didn’t have a few minutes to ramble on as I am doing right now.
- “My Gawd! There was a pandemic!” (imagined) Yes, there is a pandemic. A historical event of mammoth proportions…. HOWEVER… contrary to popular belief (even my own) it is NOT the reason for every failing or inability to meet a deadline. A few months ago I had to call the Massachusetts Housing Authority for a client. I asked how far backed up the list was for subsidized housing and she replied that it was approximatly seven years behind. She went on to say the pandemic had expanded their waiting list. “By SEVEN YEARS?” I asked. I also had to ask why she hadn’t warned the rest of the world if she had known about the pandemic seven years ago. There is a limit to how far someone can push this one as an excuse. If anything, since the pandemic I probably had MORE time to write.
So yeah, plenty of reasons. None of them any good. I know I didn’t have to give any reasons because as I have mentioned in the past, this is one of the places I can disappear for a period of time and still be welcomed back with open arms. I’m looking forward to that…. It’s a pretty great thing.
What better place to start than with a gratitude list? I mean, c’mon…. Clark, Dyanne, Kristi, Denise, (your name here) How can you go wrong?
- I may have briefly introduced you all to Jack. I believe he was still going by Jaxon back then. He’s doing great.
- Joulie has adjusted to another dog in the house which I NEVER thought she would do. She’s pretty great as well.
- That people are still out here encouraging a grateful spirit… as are some of the old familiar names, in addition to new blogs to explore.
- Work: I have been able to work through the pandemic and I don’t think I can tell you how grateful I am for that one.
- A vaccine that allows me to see my mother for whom despite my snarky comments, I am truly grateful.
Mom’s birthday today
I’m grateful for family. Again I am a snarky character and often have some sarcastic comment but overall, I really like my family. I enjoy their company and I’m sure I am totally unbiased in thinking they are all uniquely talented. They paint, they write, they sculpt…. lucky me, they also know that art is one of my favorite things.
- I have quite a few people in my life who are chronically ill and I am grateful for their perseverance. With as many people as were lost over this past year, I am grateful for all who made a difference either by working the front lines, masking or quarantine or even the smallest actions. I am grateful for a turn of events and hope it continues. My sincerest sympathies for those who were lost.
- I’m still grateful for a really bad B movie. I am running out of my favorite black and white 1950 to 1960s extraterrestrial invasion movies. I’m going to be sad when I can’t find one I haven’t seen, but so far that hasn’t happened… thank goodness.
- I’m grateful that my desire to write has returned even if it turns out to be temporary (but I do hope it lasts).
- I’m grateful to be starting to figure out this new format…. Let’s end with a pictorial representation of gratitude shall we?
Want to show a little gratitude? Link up here!